You may be eligible to renew your Alaska Driver's License or State Identification
(ID) Card online. If your license or ID card is due to expire within one year,
please check below to see if you may qualify to renew online.
- Must be 21 to 68 years of age when renewing your Driver's License (you may not renew your driver license online if you are 69 years of age or older on the expiration date of the driver's license being renewed however, you may renew your ID card).
- Must be 21 years of age when renewing an ID card.
- If your current license is the vertical “Under 21” license, you must pass the Alcohol Awareness Test before you can renew your license. (2 AAC 90.425)
*If you are 20 or 21 and attending college outside of Alaska, click here for information.
- Must hold a non-commercial Driver's License or ID card.
- The last time you renewed your Driver's License or ID card, you must have renewed
in person. Commercial Driver's Licenses are not eligible for renewal online.
- A name change will require a visit to the Division of Motor Vehicles (DMV)
with documentation to provide proof of the change.
- If you wish to renew your Driver's License, it must be valid (it cannot be cancelled,
revoked, suspended or disqualified).
- The last Driver's License issued to you must have been an Alaska license.
If you meet these qualifications, you may apply for a renewal of your Alaska Driver's
License or ID card. Further verification will be conducted at the DMV to determine
If you are out of state and have lost your Alaska Driver's License and are not eligible
to renew at this time, please see the following: Temporary / Extension