415 Main Street, Suite 103
(In the lobby of the State Office Building)
HOURS OF OPERATION
8:30 A.M. - 4:30 P.M.
This office is closed on the first Wednesday of each month from 9:00 A.M. - 10:00 A.M.
Closed State Holidays. State holiday List
ROAD TESTS: (Appointment Required, Schedule Online)
- Non-commercial passenger vehicle: Wednesday morning and afternoon.
- Motorcycle: Wednesday morning. Weather Permitting. The course must be clear of all ice, snow and water.
- Commercial: Thursday morning and afternoon.
- Must start test by 4:00 P.M.
- Must pass test by 4:30 P.M. to be issued a permit or license.
TRAILERS: By appointment only, contact DMV. (Tuesday morning at Bar Harbor/Ports and Harbors)
VEHICLES: Monday/Tuesday/Friday 8:00am – 11:00am and 2:00pm – 4:00pm, Walk In at DMV office
NOTICE: This office is located in the same building as the Court; therefore, you must go through a security check in order to enter the DMV. Please make sure you have all required documents before entering the building. For individuals taking a road test, this means the current vehicle registration, current vehicle insurance and your driving permit or knowledge test scores.