Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Registration Renewal                                                 

Online Registration Renewal

-- Instructions --


Refer to your renewal notice , for the registration renewal number (RRN).

At right, type your RRN, then VERIFY.

If you do not have your renewal notice:
  1. Enter the license plate or boat number, AND
  2. The last two digits of the Vehicle Identification Number (VIN) or Hull Identification Number (HIN).
  3. VERIFY.


Indicate by clicking the checkbox on the right that the address for this vehicle is correct, or that you have already updated it. If it is not correct, please click here to do so before renewing your registration.

Alaska law requires the owner or operator of a motor vehicle operated on the roadways to have liability insurance in the amount of not less than $50,000/$100,000 for bodily injury or death and $25,000 for property damage.

ATV's, boats trailers and snow machines do not require insurance.

You must select the appropriate insurance requirement option at right before you can continue.

Vehicle Identification Entry Form



Owner Information and Fees Due

 Insurance Requirements Options 
I have insurance meeting the requirements for this vehicle.
I am renewing a registration for an ATV, boat, trailer or snow machine.

If the address shown below is not correct, please update your address and wait 24 hours before renewing your registration.

Check this box once you have verified your address is correct.


Please review the Owner Information and Fees Due for accuracy. (Note: Your name is not displayed on this page for security reasons.)

Your new registration card will be mailed to the address listed. If the information is correct, click NEXT.

If the Owner Information is incorrect, click CANCEL and see our web site under Registration Renewal Information for further instructions.

? Click here if you have questions about Alaska vehicle registration requirements.