Alaska Department of Administration, Divison of Motor Vehicles
Administration >  Motor Vehicles >  Establish Your Identity


Temporary license can only be issued when you are outside of Alaska. If you are in the State of Alaska, please go to a DMV office to obtain a duplicate or to renew your license. A commercial class (CDL) temporary license is limited to one 30 day temporary that cannot extend beyond 30 days of the license expiring.

To be eligible for a temporary license your driving privileges cannot be or have been withdrawn for any reason since the last license was issued, the Alaska license must be the last issued license and the information on file with the Social Security Administration must match your DMV record. An extension for an expiring license cannot be requested prior to 30 days of the license's expiration.

Establish Your Identity

Information you provide below must match the information on your last issued Alaska Driver's License or ID card.
Driver's License or ID card number
Name as it appears on your Driver's License or ID card
First Name Last Name
Social Security Number (No Dashes)
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY)
I am a U.S. Citizen
Yes No

Division of Motor Vehicles DMV

PO Box 110221 Juneau AK 99811-0221

Anchorage Area 269-5551

Toll-Free in Alaska (855)269-5551

Or Call in Alaska (907)465-4361

Outside of Alaska (907)269-5551